Ready To Be Your Dedicated Legal Guides.

Supporting Injured Riders Seeking Justice After A Crash

Arkansas is known for its natural beauty. Its mountains, rivers, valleys, lakes, forests and bayous can be accessed from the roadways that run throughout the state. Riding a motorcycle puts you closer to the scenery and fresh air, which is why thousands of drivers choose motorcycles over other vehicles.

The joy of the ride can change to horror in an instant when a vehicle driver neglects their duty of care and causes a crash. With little protection from the vehicle, roadway and external impact, motorcycle riders often sustain serious or fatal injuries.

At Cortinez Law Firm, we have been helping injured motorcycle riders and their families hold negligent drivers accountable in Little Rock, Conway, Benton, Bryant, Cabot and throughout central Arkansas for decades. We guide victims through the complex legal process of pursuing fair compensation through personal injury and wrongful death claims.

Involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact us today.

What To Do If You Were In A Motorcycle Accident

Seeking medical attention is the most important thing to do after you have been in a motorcycle accident. Some injuries simply aren’t readily apparent, but delaying medical diagnosis and treatment could mean never fully recovering from some injuries.

Next, gather documents you will need to assert a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Necessary documents include a copy of the crash report, copies of medical records and bills from medical treatment or funeral expenses. If you can, document the name, contact and insurance information of the negligent driver, as well as the names and contact information of any witnesses at the scene. Also, write down your recollection of what happened while the incident is still fresh in your mind.

Contact your insurance company so the adjuster can assign a claim number. If your motorcycle policy includes personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, you can claim up to the policy limits for those benefits to pay for medical expenses, lost income or funeral expenses. If the other driver was uninsured, or if their bodily injury liability limits are insufficient to fully compensate you for your damages, you can claim the uninsured motorist benefits under your own policy.

Finally, hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you. Your lawyer will collect all the necessary documents, help you file claims against your insurance coverage and put the insurance company of the negligent driver on notice of your intent to assert a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Your lawyer knows how to execute all the necessary steps in investigating a crash, documenting a claim, negotiating with the other driver’s insurer, and if necessary, filing a personal injury or wrongful death petition in court.

Assignment Of Fault

Arkansas is an at-fault state which means an at-fault driver is legally responsible for the damages they cause to others. To prove negligence, you must establish that the driver owed a duty of care, that they breached that duty and that as a result, you sustained injuries and damages.

Arkansas also observes modified comparative fault which could reduce the amount of money you receive in a settlement reflecting the percentage of fault assigned to you. So long as you were less than 50% at fault, you can pursue compensation from the other driver. For example, you are held 30% at fault and the other driver at 70%. If the settlement sum is $100,000, you would receive $70,000, reflecting the 30% reduction for your share of fault.

Motorcycle Accident Attorneys In Little Rock, Arkansas

If you were injured by a negligent driver while riding a motorcycle in Little Rock or central Arkansas, or if your loved one was robbed of the opportunity to pursue a claim, Cortinez Law Firm can help. The insurance company will do everything it can to deny or devalue your claim. We welcome the challenge to fight for just compensation for our clients. Call our office now at 501-574-3244 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.